May 2014 Newsletter - Eyelevel of Morrisville
May 6th, 2014
Dear Eye Level Parents,
Here we are again and almost into summer. Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful spring weather and making the best use of the extended daylight hours. Lots of outdoor activities and fun times for the kids, but we must keep our focus on the academics too and with that, our monthly updates and our monthly tip, but before that I want to reinforce our Eye Level goals by stating what it stands for and what we strive to do every day!
What is Eye Level?
Eye Level is the key to self-directed learning. We nurture problem solvers, critical thinkers, and life-long learners. A premier supplemental education and enrichment program, Eye Level offers an innovative and effective teaching method, in a fun and exciting learning environment, where self-directed learning, individualized academic coaching, and critical thinking are at the core of helping children improve and excel in their academic pursuits.
Here is our next tip from our Eye Level manual.
Tip of the Month:
Master Mental Math: Mental math speeds up the test taking process, and practicing with flashcards is a great way to master basic math operations and enhance mental math skills. Writing carryovers and additional steps could cost precious seconds and minutes needed to check or evaluate answers.
- Summer Camp- Here is the summer camp details that you have all been waiting for!! We will have our Summer Enrichment programs which include half and full day camps. Seeing your child thrive is priority one! We will have experiments in Science and Arts to guide your child towards a positive social and intellectual development. Please find attached the flyers for Eye Level Summer Camp and talk to our Administrator and teachers for more details or to register. Seats are limited to the first 15. So please book your seats ASAP.
- Center Administrator: We are excited to have Ramya Ramesh join us as a Center Administrator starting May 1st. She has prior experience as an Administrator and Tutor in an Eye Level Center and brings a wealth of information to us. She has an MS in Biotechnology. Please welcome her!
- New Teacher: Hiral Gandhi has been a big help in taking over Tamara’s class and is already proving invaluable with her excellent skills at coaching and identifying areas where kids need help. But this has not stopped our process of looking for a permanent replacement to fill that position and we have had some good leads. We hope we will be able to fill this position by the end of this month.
- New Processes: Ramya will be in touch with you all on an individual basis to get a feel of the child’s progress and take your inputs to fine tune the programs based on the kids needs. Our goal is to add value at every step of the education and make it a better experience for everyone. Please feel free to voice your opinions. She will also be looking to improve admin processes. Please help her in setting the right course.
- Schedule Change/ Make up Classes – Please be mindful of schedule changes. We cannot be having more than 5-6 kids in any given class and unannounced changes can be disruptive to the teacher’s planning. Please do send an email for any changes.
- Teacher Appreciation: As usual, Chelsea and Hiral are doing a great job in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of our kids and channeling their energy to excel. Please show your appreciation by letting them know of your thoughts.
- Eyelevel-Library- Please encourage kids to pick up and read books while they are waiting for their classes. If there is a specific interest in books by certain authors, please let me know and I will try to find them for you. If you need to check out a book, please sign your name in the sign up book along with the book title or come see us and we will do it for you.
- Communication: Please do keep the communication lines open with the Teacher and us regarding the child’s progress. This will help us make changes if needed and also keep the child’s interest and motivation up.
- Referrals & Referral Checks: Please refer your friends to Eyelevel and be our ambassadors. Again, a big Thank You for all your referrals.
- Fee Due Date: Monthly Dues are always due on the 1st of every month and late by the 5th. Please pay on time. Many of you have scheduled your payments through your Banks Bill Pay option. Thank you for reducing our administrative work. If you are one of those on the fence, here is the address to do the same and automate it now,
Payee: Surge Forward Technologies, LLC
Address: 6974 Brandi Wood Cir, Summerfield, NC - 27358
(Select Individual Pay and you will not be mandated to enter an account number)